Performer’s Perspective: Show Choir, Chorus, and a Whole Lot of Holiday Magic

Performer’s Perspective is a series of articles written by Weddington High School actor, singer, dancer, and performer Kaleb Dufrene. The articles give Kaleb’s perspective of performing on stage at Weddington High in events such as Show Choir/Chorus, Unscripted, NCTC, the fall play, and the spring musical, and other special events.

There is nothing that gets me more in the holiday mood than music. The moment that Thanksgiving is over, I set my radio to the Holiday station and soak in the melodies of Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. No matter what holiday you celebrate this season, we can all admit that we enjoy Mariah Carey’s hits and the classics like Carol of the Bells. What makes the holidays a bit more special to me, however, is getting to perform with my fellow students at the Winter Chorus Concert. As a sophomore, this is my second year performing in Show Choir and Weddington Chorale and I am constantly learning and discovering new things about something I am already passionate about. Weddington High School Chorus works to teach students to love and appreciate music, use their voices and talents in ways they didn’t know they could, and build relationships with students they may not have otherwise known. This is possible due to the amazing leadership from our dance captains, our choreographer, and our director, Michael Dove.

In addition to dazzling group numbers, The concert will showcase several talented students singing solos or participating in small ensembles to sing a few classic holiday tunes, and maybe even a few of your new favorites. Anyone who has a love for holiday music will not want to miss this jaw-dropping showcase of student talent and an all-around spectacular performance. Tickets are $5 for students and $8 for adults. Due to the outstanding performance of our Weddington Warriors varsity football team, the concert performance schedule has changed to:

Thursday at 5 PM

Saturday at 7 PM